Monday, August 3, 2020

Mortal Gods and Kings of War!

The 4th of July weekend saw our last Friday night gaming session as we tried out a new game and played some Kings of War.

First, Chuck and Jake played the club's first game of Mortal Gods. Observing the game it seemed to go pretty well, and the Omen cards were a huge hit. Chuck played a Spartan list, and Jake played a generic Greek list.




Meanwhile, Chris's orcs took on Ken's Northern Alliance in a Kings of War fight. 




After Chuck and Jake's game, I tried my hand at Mortal Gods. My Persians took on Jake's Greeks.

My 200 point Persian list was ready to rock!

It was quickly apparent that I was in trouble, as Jake was
defending the objective with his hoplites in a fortified position.


His hoplites wiped out my troops, but I managed to kill both
of his leaders, thus pulling a cheesy win on a technicality despite
Jake's superior play.

Meanwhile, Chuck unleashed is gorgeously painted undead on Chris' orcs in Kings of War.

Chris is undoubtedly performing his traditional mind games, 
assuring his foe that Chris cannot possibly win. (when he says 
this, 9 times out of 10 you will be losing that game to Chris! 😁)



All in all a great night at the club.  Hopefully this pandemic will soon allow us to game again. In the meantime, time to get lots of painting done!

No comments:

Post a Comment