Saturday, August 22, 2026

A SAG Homecoming ADLG Game

 


Back in June, we had a very nice, but rare, homecoming at the club. Chris visited from his duties in Europe, and two of our members who can't come by very often these days, Chuck and Terrance, were also there. Paul, Rob, and Ken of the typical Friday night crew also came by making for a night closer to the glory days in size. We had two games running, Terrance, Rob, and Ken played Black Powder while Chris and I played a game of L'Art de la Guerre.

The prodigals return! L-R: Terrance, Chuck, Chris

Rob, Terrance, and Ken play Black Powder

Chris and I played ADLG a lot a few years back, when ADLG was played by more members of the club. In fact, Chris, Chuck, former member Doc, and I played as a team at the team Nationals back in 2016 or 2017 (can't recall which year). Chris beats me more often than not when we play (regardless of system! :D)

I played my Numidians and he played an Early Arab list using one of Chuck's armies. These two armies never really matched up historically, but they do have some chronological overlap and it is certainly possible that they might have clashed somewhere in Egypt. 










It was hard fought but I managed a victory! It was nice to play Chris again, he is missed at the club!

No comments:

Post a Comment